LEARN ABOUT CAREERS .
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB?
The General Maintainer job title is a seasonal position (typically September through April) that offers a comprehensive benefits package. The General Maintainer position requires a 40-hour week, which requires working rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, overtime on short notice, and during inclement weather. This job title requires knowledge and skill in a variety of commercial trade fields, such as: carpentry, plumbing, drywall, masonry, paving, and painting and a working knowledge of trade math, blueprint reading, and use of tools/equipment related to maintenance and repair of commercial facilities.
In addition, a critical responsibility of this job title is to operate a variety of snow removal equipment during snow emergencies. A valid driver's license is required, and you must be able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with endorsements.
Seasonal General Maintainers may have an opportunity to be converted to regular full-time employment and are also eligible to compete for internal promotional opportunities
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS?
Candidates must meet all of the qualifications below:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsements
- At least three years of full time paid work experience in the building construction/maintenance trade field performing tasks related to carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, dry wall, etc.
- Qualify on the General Maintainer Written Test and Practical Test
- Qualify on a thorough background check
- Qualify on a pre-hire medical evaluation